Instructions for Aligner wear:
- Wear your aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day.
- Wear each set of aligners as instructed by the orthodontist, or use the Dental Monitoring App. www.dental-monitoring.com/home-US/
- Use “Movemints” to help seat your aligners for a better fit when inserting your aligners or whenever you want to freshen your breath. Available at www.amazon.com.
- An alternative to Movemints are reusable BPA-free Aligner Chewies/ Clenchy. Bite and squeeze in different areas for 1-2 minutes whenever at home and inserting aligners.
www.clenchyortho.com OR “Chewies” are available at www.amazon.com
- Each aligner indicates its “number” and whether it for the Upper or Lower arch
- Keep all previously worn aligners in its original bag.
How to Care for Your Aligners:
- NEVER eat or drink anything but WATER while wearing your aligners.
- NEVER drink anything HOT with your aligners in your mouth.
- When eating or drinking, remove aligners and place into the provided case for safe keeping. DO NOT place your aligners in your pocket or wrap in napkins as this will lead to accidental damage or discarding of aligners.
- Brush your teeth and the inside of the aligners after every meal. Aligners should always be clear. If aligners become cloudy, it is an indication of plaque accumulation. This can be extremely damaging to your teeth (causing “white spots,” decalcification, and cavities).
- Brush aligners with toothpaste and COOL water or with baking soda and water.
- Your aligners should have no visible space seen between the edge of the teeth and the aligner itself. If an “air gap” exists, use Movemints/Clenchy/Chewies in the area with the air gap until the aligner fits properly.
- If you have a rough spot on your aligner, gently use an emery board to smooth out the area.
- If you have trouble removing the aligners, try the Clenchy or PUL Removal Tool
www.clenchyortho.com OR www.thepultool.com OR they are available on www.amazon.com
• You MUST wear your retainer 8-10 hours per day (typically nighttime), or your teeth WILL MOVE! You have FREE unlimited retainer checks if you feel there is an issue.
• Wear your retainers every night until you are 22 years old (or for the next five years if you are an adult) then one night a week after that (you should always have a retainer!)
• Clean your retainers with toothbrush/toothpaste nightly.
• Use Retainer Brite once a month, when sick, or when they just need an extra cleaning. Retainer Brite can be purchased at the office or at www.amazon.com
• Do NOT boil your retainer or put them in the dishwasher!
• Keep retainers away from pets, animals like to eat your retainer!!
• Please keep your 3D models in the provided Morgan Orthodontics green box. This model will be used to create any future needed retainers. ASK ABOUT OUR RETAINER PROGRAM FOR UNLIMITED ADDITIONAL RETAINERS!
Remember FACE OR CASE! Retainers belong in your mouth or in their case, NOT in a paper towel, on the counter, or anywhere else!
Teeth whitening (bleaching) gel will only whiten natural teeth. Results may vary as teeth whiteners do not work on certain stains. It is important to consult with your dentist if you have any concerns about stains on your teeth before using this product.
1. Brush and floss teeth. Whitening gel is most effective on clean teeth.
2. Make sure trays are clean and dry prior to applying whitening gel.
3. Remove syringe from case and snap tip cover from the end.
4. To load the tray with whitening gel, depress the plunger and fill each tooth in the tray with a pearl of gel. Each tray will typically use 1/3 of a syringe.
5. Position tray over your teeth and gently press tray to move the gel into place. Wipe excess gel, which seeps over the brim of the tray, off of your gums with a tissue or your finger.
6. Wear 30 minutes per day until you are happy with the color of your teeth. If sensitivity occurs, discontinue use for 24 hours.
7. After whitening, remove the tray and rinse your teeth. Brush away any remaining gel.
8. Clean bleaching trays with a toothbrush and cold water. Store trays in the tray holder and gel in a cool dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.
Whitening gel must be refrigerated when not in use. Shelf life is 2 years refrigerated.
Warnings: Keep product away from children. DO NOT use if pregnant or breastfeeding. DO NOT eat, drink, or use tobacco products while wearing bleaching trays.
1. If irritation of the gums or mouth occurs (such as swelling or redness), discontinue use and consult your dentist. Products containing peroxides are not recommended for use by children under 12 years of age.
2. Avoid swallowing whitening gel
3. Avoid contact of the product with the eye.
4. Avoid direct contact of the active surface of the whitening gel with the gums and/or salivary flow.